- JUSTICE IN THE 21ST CENTURY; This work is a collection of five papers dedicated to the complex concept of Justice.
- OFFICIAL DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANCE IN THE TIME OF MULTIPLE CRISES; Official Development Assistance (ODA) has been a mechanism for solidarity and for balancing the power dynamics of global politics through financial compensation. This document reflects on the trends accompanied by ODA in the past few years.
2. POLICY BRIEFS
- GENDER RESPONSIVE IMPLEMENTATION OF AGENDA 2030, FOR GENDER EQUALITY IN MIGRATION AND INTEGRATION; The social and labor integration of migrant women is an important starting point for equity and for closing the socio-economic gap between women and men in general.
- HOW TO STRENGHTEN SLOVENIAN FOREIGN POLICY AS AN ADVOCATE FOR PEACE AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IN PALESTINE is a policy brief, where we address the Slovenian foreign policy toward the Palestinian struggle; we identify two streams from 2018 to 2019 and after the government change in 2020 to April 2022.
3. BACKGROUND PAPERS
- GENDER MAINSTREAMING, MIGRATION, INTEGRATION AND AGENDA 2030; Gender mainstreaming was introduced in Slovenia through the Equal Opportunities Between Women and Men Act (2002).
- NON-DISCRIMINATION IN MIGRATION FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT addresses inequalities among countries, including those related to representation, and calls for the facilitation of orderly and safe migration and mobility of people.
4. CASE STUDIES
- MIGRATION AND INTEGRATION FROM A GENDER PERSPECTIVE IN SLOVENIA: In this case study we analyzed the measurements for social and labor integration from the lens of gender equality.
- HOW CAN INTERCULTURAL LEARNING CONTRIBUTE TO SUSTAINABLE LIVING is a study case where we elaborated on critical issues where learning through intercultural exchanges may contribute to building inclusive and sustainable societies that are responsive to the Agenda 2030.
- EXOTICIASTION IN THE DECOLONIAL DISCOUSE – The Clash of Egos “We will Save Them from Us” and “We will Study Them to Upgrade Us.”
- GLOBAL EDUCATION THROUGH AN INTERCULTURAL LENSE
- HOW TO BECOME SESITIVE TO THE DIVERSITY OF OPPRESSION?
- THE ROLE OF FEMINIST FOREIGN POLICY IN SUPPORTING WOMEN’S RIGHTS MOVEMENTS IN THE SOUTH AND NORTH OF THE MEDITERRANEAN
- THE IMPACT OF INTERCULTURAL SENSITIVITY ON OUR LEARNING STYLES
- THE ISLAMIZATION OF GENDER INEQUALITIES?
- INTERCULTURAL LEARNING FOR SUSTAINABLE LIVING; This tool aims to create an experience where we enhance our intercultural sensitivity out of anthroponcetrism.
- STORYSILIENCE TOOLKIT was created in a collaboration with a group of people working to create and tell stories with the aim of building social resilience and solidarity in times of crisis.
- STORYSILIENCE LEARNING GUIDE is a learning guide that aims to inspire people with the skills, joy and enthusiasm of art – something they can enjoy personally and also gain career opportunities.
- “AM I INCLUSIVE?” Is a self-reflective questionnaire from the lens of gender and intercultural sensitivity learning.
- Creartbase is an e – learning platform that is a part of the project “Be Art Together” and it is an initiative of an international team from Poland, Portugal, Romania and Slovenia, aimed at supporting artistic education conducted using online tools, as well as promoting local culture and artistic forms via the Internet. It allows you to share materials and exchange experiences of art education teachers, thanks to which they can broaden their knowledge in the field of working methods and the use of new tools; as well as downloading art education in a remote form, available to everyone in an unlimited, free form.
To find the educational videos, click on the “COURSES” button on the home page, and there you can select the course of your choice.
Access the platform HERE.
- THE PEDAGOGY OF OPPRESSED; Bringing the pedagogy of oppressed into the classroom
- ENERGIZERS FOR CREATIVITY
- THEATER-BASED TECHNIQUES for stimulation of creativity and introduction of body expression
- “THE ROAD TO LJUBLJANA” is a documentary film that carries one simple message: “Migration is a natural human activity, but hate is not! Choose Love!”
- “IT ENDS BY ME” is a short film that advocates for the achievement of SDG8 “decent work and economic growth” for all.
- “BE MY VOICE” : Story of listening, Story of Hande Kader and Story of blood feud
- “COVID-19 IN SLOVENIA” – performance of young people from Slovenia.
PARTICIPATORY ARTS AND COMMUNITY ART PRACTICES
- SAMA Community Arts is a series of workshops using Performing Arts and its techniques to redefine heart-based communication and decolonise terminologies such as “citizenship.”
- Red in Resilience is a theatrical performance inspired by diverse journeys of “women in or coming from societies influenced by the ideology of Islam in a geographical location named the “Middle East.”
- Not your Scheherazade (“The Strike of Mecca”) is a story of 1001 nights by Samar Zughool.
- PHILOSOPHY PUZZLES 2030 is a mystery-solving game, where the player in each mission encounters one philosophic mystery to solve. These mysteries are “official” philosophical ideas by most important philosophers and thinkers worldwide and from different times, going back to ancient Greece.
Povod, Institute for culture and development of international relations in culture
A: Čučkova ulica 3, 2250 Ptuj, Slovenia
T: +386 59 03 08 07
Co-funded by The European Union