Are you a teacher. non formal educator or youth worker working with Youngsters with Roma or migrant backgrounds in Slovenia?
We are looking for you, to join our needs assessment and storysilience team in Slovenia.
With young people at the helm, we are working to uncover stories authored by lesser-heard people in our communities, reinterpreting them into arts performances, and touring the work in cultural institutions (theatres, galleries, libraries, heritage sites…) across the four locations.
Our project brings us together with children and young people to retell stories of resilience in-COVID across four locations:
- Cumbria with Cumbria Development Education Centre
- London, with Global Learning London
- Slovenia with Povod, Institute for Culture and Development of International Relations in Culture
- Turkey, with DEM Experimental Training Centre
Our project objectives are:
- To amplify the voices of those from lesser-heard communities with particular focus on their experiences of COVID 19
- To skill up school children in the arts and creative industries towards nurturing an interest in the arts as a viable career option
- To uplift cultural organisations hard-hit by COVID by reconnecting them with their communities by diversifying their audiences
To learn more about the StorySilience program please reach out to us via email: povod@povodpovod-si